The Summer I Turned Pretty

The Summer I Turned Pretty - Jenny Han

What a fast read! I was instantly dragged into the story and never felt bored. I can see the appeal of Conrad, but Jere is just that kind of guy I would have found myself always wanting to be around. I love that he was always sticking up for her and that he was the one that always tried to smooth things out. But like a reader friend said, I think Belly does need to get Conrad out of her system. Before she can really appreciate anyone else. Poor Cam, what was wrong with him besides not being Conrad..

Quote that stood out:

"It would do no good to wonder what he was gonna say. Moments, when lost, can't be found again. They're just gone."

I'm not sure about the last chapter. I kinda wish she didn't end it this way. It didn't fit right for me. I have the next two books on hold at the library, but I'm not the only one! I'm number 12 in line for the 2nd book and number 60 for the last one. I'm not sure I really want to rate each book. I'm thinking I want to rate the trilogy together. But if I needed to throw something on it right now..

PhotobucketPhotobucket

* If you liked this book you may like Jennifer Echol's The Boys Next Door. I thought it was cute and was similar in that the girl was basically raised with the 3 boys next door. She has a crush on the oldest.