This Song Will Save Your Life

This Song Will Save Your Life - Leila Sales

I wanted to write this big review on how this book makes me feel about all those rotten kids in school that make another child feel so bad about themselves that they don't want to go on, but instead I'm just gonna quote from the book the parts that I think this book bring up front and are the lessons.

"This wasn't how I imagined things going. But imagination is so often no match for the absurdity, the randomness, the tragedy of reality."

"It's not worth it. Sure, high school sucks sometimes. Some people will mess with you, whenever they want, and for no reason except that they can. But hurting yourself is giving those people all the power, and they don't deserve it. Why would they deserve to have control over your life? Because they're cool? Because they're pretty? That's completely illogical."

"But you know better than anyone how the Internet sees everything and nothing, all at the same time."

"You think it's so easy to change yourself. You think it's so easy, but it's not. True, things don't stay the same forever: couches are replaced, boys leave, you discover a song, your body becomes forever scarred. And with each of these moments you change and change again, your true self spinning, shifting positions-- but always at last it returns to you, like a dancer on the floor. Because throughout it all, you are still, always, you: beautiful and bruised, known and unknowable. And isn't that - just you - enough?"

photo 4starsR.jpg

Bonus: The list of songs at the end of the book

Hear Songs here.