SPOILER ALERT!

Champion - Final book in the Legend Trilogy

Champion: A Legend Novel - Marie Lu

"Day, the champion of the people, the one who can't bear to see those around him suffer on his behalf, who would gladly give his life for those he loves." - pg 208

First thing. I did not reread the first two books. So they weren't fresh in my head, but I have to say I didn't feel like I was trying to remember anything. Soon as I started reading the story came back to me. I think this is because Marie Lu is just that good of a story Teller.

This isn't just about the Republic & the Colonies. It's about the war going on in Day's head.

"Help me," I whisper desperately to the empty room. "I can't do this." I want to, I love her, but I can't bear it. It's been almost a year. What's wrong with me? Why can't I just move on?

It's while reading these few pages everything rushes back to me too, the reader. All his pain and that feeling you had in the first two books. He loves June, but......

"I did this to him...and because he loves me, he can never really escape it. He'll remember the fate of his family every time he sees me, even if he loves me, especially if he loves me."

So Day is trying to save the people but also fighting this at the same time. It's just.. to take another quote from the book  "My heart breaks in sorrow..."

Good things: You learn about the history between the Republic & the Colonies, The hows & the Whys. It wasn't too over Kill and made total sense to me. You also learn a little more about "the world" You could tell new "countries" would be introduced when you look at the map in the front of the book.

There is action in this book.  Sometimes my eyes were moving to fast over the pages because I wanted to look ahead to make sure every one was going to be okay.

The bad: Why, Why did Marie Lu feel the need to involve a society/city/country where they played life like a game. Including experience points and levels above people's heads. Watering a plant gets you +2. I just felt this cheapened the story a little. It didn't fit in, but I guess that's how they do their "trial" how people are above others. Still that was the part of the book I hated. Thank God it wasn't in there long!

So I know your wondering..what about the ending? After just coming from the Divergent series, is this one gonna disappoint?

Hell no!  A great ending to a worthy Trilogy/Series. I'm not gonna lie..I cried. Like the kinda cry when your reading and the tears escape and slide down your face but you refuse to wipe them away and they end up in your ear because your actually laying down in bed reading trying not to sob and wake up who ever is next to you. Yes, I cried.

"So I fold the three words back into my heart.."