Leviathan Wakes by James S.a. Corey

Leviathan Wakes (Expanse #1) - James S.A. Corey

This book took forever to read! it just seemed to go on and on. if your planning on reading this one I suggest you get the ebook instead of HB or paperback. After  a small bit of time reading my thumbs would hurt from holding the book up.

So lets talk about the good things :

Jim Holden & his crew, Naomi, Amos & Alex. Probably the only, IS the only reason I kept reading. I love when you have interaction between the crew and it works. Amos cracked me up and I really felt like I'd trust Holden as captain of my ship, well if I had a ship.

Things that seem to make the book drag:

The chapters that were from the point of view of Miller.  He reminded me of a noir cop. In fact, every time he had a chapter it was hard not to imagine all my visuals of the story in black and white. His chapters had more of a detective/ cop feel where Holden's chapters were the sci-fi and adventure kind.

I did like the story, It just felt like a long long long book. Which is why I'm not gonna jump into the next book anytime soon. I saw that one has even more pages!

Here's something that stood out in the book.

**If you ever want to watch Citizen Kane and do not want to have anything spoiled do NOT read the rest**  I'll put it in a spoiler Tag just in case.

"Razorback," Naomi said. "What's that?"

"It's a sled," Miller replied.

I stopped and laughed a little bit at that, because I had that scene from Citizen Kane stuck in my head, Orson Welles on his death bed holding a snow glow, he whispers "Rosebud" and the globe falls. I haven't seen the whole movie but I've seen that little scene a lot.

(show spoiler)

*edit - It's January 23rd and I'm still thinking about this book. I'm moving my rating up a little. I see the next book in the series  in my hands soon...